Mission and Vision
LCUP envisions itself to be a global university, a provider of professionally / technically competent human resource and Augustinian, Marian and missionary Christ-centered steward of the community.
To achieve the above vision, LCUP commits itself to generate and make available to learners programs and services that are:
- high quality whose standards are internationally comparable;
- affordable to all deserving learners, regardless of gender, origin, race, creed;
- complementary in partnership and/or in collaboration with higher education institutions, user sectors, and other public and private agencies, both local and foreign;
- vital to the dynamically changing local and international environment; and
- catholic-Augustinian-Filipino in spirit committed to promote Gender Consciousness, Patriotism, Creation Spiritually and Justice and Peace.
Thus URC education shall be viewed as an instrument to harness the creative and productive capacity of the human person to contribute towards the constructive transformation of society.
- To provide basic and higher formal and innovative education programs that are nationalist/globalist in character and responsive to international standards of quality and excellence.;
- To generate and diffuse knowledge in the broad range of disciplines relevant and responsive to the dynamically changing domestic and international environment;
- To broaden the access of deserving and qualified students to higher education opportunities;
- To optimize the social, institutional and individual returns and benefits derived from the utilization of higher of higher education resources;
- To develop and maintain the integrity of the professions or disciplines that will provide leadership for the nation; and
- To promote the Catholic – Augustinian culture of commitment to charity, contemplation, action and bias towards the service of the church and the poor, and the promotion of justice and peace, creation spirituality and gender consciousness.